Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm 30 years old now. I'm just relaxing tonight, again staying up too late. I did get a birthday nap today! YAY! More work was completed in the kitchen. Wall knocked down and posts down too. Anthony cracked me up tonight before he fell asleep. Babbling MaMaMaMa in different tones as he drifted off to laalaa land. My heart melts when he talks. Saying the sweetest sounds I have ever heard. I love hearing him babble in the backseat of the car. I fall in love with him more and more and more as time passes by. His teacher came for the first time since Feb! How he has changed from then! I was looking at him and seeing not a baby but a small child. He is growing and changing so much!

Not to be such a downer, but I was browsing some CDs of pictures I have and I found some that brought back some memories. One soldier who served in my husband's platoon lost a child Aug 2005 due to a tragic drowning while he was serving in Iraq. I hosted a party with families of this platoon Feb 2005. I came across the pictures of him at this party and my eyes started to tear up. So young, so little, so precious. I loved playing with him and holding him at the various functions we saw each other that. I haven't thought about Blake in a while, but those pictures took my breathe away when I saw his pictures mixed in the CD.


Now as a mother I couldn't imagine the thought of losing Anthony. I don't know what I would do until I saw him again. This year one of my high school friends lost her 5 month old, and someone else lost her 14 month old. Losing a child I think is the worst thing in the world. I am so glad I have the opportunity to be a mother to experience this wonderful love and adoration for this 19 pound human who is the center of my universe.

2 comments:

Larry & Erica Evans said...

awe, sorry I forgot! Happy Late 30th~~~~~WOW!

Ashley said...

Thanks! Congrats on being alive for 30 years! I'll be back in Turlock in August so I hope to see you!