Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Meltdown, right ahead!

Oh yes it was one of THOSE days today. And yet it is only past noon. Are you seeing the trend here?

I took an Excedrin headache medicine today. Which has given me the worst case of jitters in the world. I feel like a spaz running around all confused. I recently told a friend of mine that I wanted to take up using Meth as an energy form so I could get more done in a day. It was a joke of course, but now I am very sure that wouldn't be a good idea. If Excedrin made me feel like this... who knows what crank would do to me!!

My mom was going to come by today so I could go to my Dr appt, and run a couple errands minus the bebe.

That was the plan.

My hubby needed the truck, called and asked if I could exchange our cars at his work. Sure. I call my mom. "Hey mom could you drive the truck here so I can exchange it with Ira then I will take you home?" Sure she says. Great.

Ring Ring.

Its my mom about 15 min before she said she was going to be at my house. About 1/2 hour before my Dr appt.

Can I drop bebe off at her house instead, family issue, she needs to stay there. Sure I say. Of course I DIDN'T look at the clock and time everything out. Of course I DIDN'T have everything packed so I could take him to my moms instead. Of course NOT! Its just not how I roll apparently.

So after running around like a chicken with no head, I throw my dirty-from- breakfast-and-still-in-his-PJ's-baby into the jeep. I can't find my cell, I can't find anything AHHHHHH! So I backed into the garage, run run run. I pull back out into the street and realize its 9:50 now. So that leaves 35 minutes for me to drive to Hughson, drop off my kid. Drive to Modesto and meet Ira and swap vehicles. THEN drive to Salida for my Dr. Appt.

I usually thrive on the challenge of it all, but I felt like was having a breakdown. I can't get a hold of Ira. Forget dropping bebe off, I'll take him like I originally planned. And that unfortunately means putting of his morning nap!!!

Ira calls, after a frantic phone call I hang up more frustrated than ever.

Drive BACK into my garage for the third time. My new neighbor is working in her yard thinking that I MUST be some kind of freak.

Take the kid back out, quickly bath him and change him. Run around getting his stuff to take along with me. No biggie.

Hubby calls to tell me he isn't trying to be mean but I should have my day planned out a little bit better. Excuse me?!?! Who calls me an hour before and wants to throw a huge wrench into my day. Then to top it off, my mom threw an additional one too. 15 minutes wasn't enough time for me today to get it done. an hour would have been perfect. Remind me next time to have possible scenarios all charted out just in case something like this should arise again. GRRRRRR

We get to the Dr office, no problems. He seems like a nice guy. Asked me how I am doing. I was surprised my blood pressure wasn't as high as I was feeling. I tell him anxious but I think it is the medication I took today.

He tells me, no more fried food, less salt, no canned foods come back 5 weeks and get some blood work. Ice your joints for arthritis in your hands. Here is a phone number for a referral.

No more fried food? WHAT??? But McDonald's french fries are a staple in my life! Its on the food pyramid I swear!

So I place the number in the front section of my stroller, and walk out of the building. SHOOOOSHHHH a big gust of wind comes and blows everything out of the stroller. Including that referral number. So I am running off in the muddy field next to the parking lot trying to catch up with the fluttering paper. Sigh.

Back in the car I head off to the insurance office to drop off a check. The place is directly under my dad's office so I stop in to say hi to the staff even though I know my dad isn't there. While talking to some of the ladies and showing off my cute-but-terribly-irate-missing-his-nap bebe I realize I don't have my keys. After inspection I find them next to the car seat.

In the backseat of the car.

Which is locked.

Can it get any better? Oh yes it can!

So I call AAA, and my hubby. Luckily my hubby was only working on a job site a few blocks over. He came to rescue us. But I could see the look in his eye. I so wanted to poke that eye too.

He tells me that bebe is tired and needs a nap. Are you kidding me??? I know that! we are only 2 hours over his nap time. What would I ever do without him. Of course this is just the Excedrin talking in me. I am ever thankful that he was able to come help me out. It saved me tremendously from waiting 2 hours for AAA.

So I get back on my way home. While on the freeway I got to witness a car trying to get away from a cop! He had the car pulled over when we passed him. Then a bit later this erratic driving car came up almost clipped my jeep then a semi. He then almost went off the freeway. Lights came up after us with the Sheriff cruiser. Whew! Thank goodness no one was hurt on the freeway. I hope all ended well for the sheriff.

BeBe is still sleeping. I have pushed my piano lessons back as much as I can so he can get some rest poor baby boy. He has been sneezing a lot... wait I take it all back

I hear him in his crib. Gotta go....finish the rest of this crazy crazy day!


Day Family said...

Oh My. I got a headache just reading your post!

mzzmyrick said...

My advice is don't take Excedrin if your sensitve to it. Took a while to get it out of my system. Whew!

Larry & Erica Evans said...

oh my CRAP!!! Those days are the worst!!! Hopefully you won't have another day like that for a while.....maybe a week? who knows with kids!

Crazy McWife said...

I swear we're related somehow. :) I felt like I was going to have a nervous breakdown yesterday, til I took an hour out lastnight and calmed down... but seriously!!! And yes, crack would be bad. :) Wait, is crack meth? I don't even know. :) Math/crack is bad. :)